Pentecost Sunday 2020.05.13,
Theme - Peace be with You. Sermon by Michael Palmer
Welcome to our Pentecost Sunday Worship Service at Eden Uniting Church.
Many Christians celebrate Pentecost Sunday as a day to celebrate the gift of the Spirit, which 'filled' the members of the first Christians some 50 days after the Resurrection of Jesus. This appeared and filling - this coming of the Spirit - is described as though 'Tongues of Fire' fell upon that gathering of Christians, hence it has been a tradition that some Christians wear a piece of red garment to mark this day of Pentecost. If you would like to participate in the red side of the day, then you might like to either search out a red item of clothing or even some red item to stand before you as a visual reminder of the Spirit .... or perhaps light a candle....... I hope you enjoy our 2020 Pentecost Sunday Worship.
1. The Outline of the Service can be found here.
2. Opening Song - Come Holy Spirit - By John Bell and the Iona Community
3. Song in response to Prayer of Confession - Refiner’s Fire
6. Song after the Sermon - Gifts of the Spirit (words found on the top of page 3 of the Order of Service)
7. The Blessing - Canada (Lets receive this as a Blessing for Eden as well)
8. A supplementary Pentecost Song - Rushing Wind by Keith Green